Monday, March 14, 2016

Testing & Comparing My Website - 10/03/2016.

How does my website compare to my original designs? 

Originally this was the design that I had done on paper that I was going for as well as the design at the electronic version of it that I made on Illustrator.



Below is how the homepage ended out. In my opinion it is quite similar to how I planned it to be. The only minor difference is that the website text is above the trailer instead of underneath. 
.
The banner is something which I had originally designed on paper as well, However it ended up
looking nothing like that when I made it. The one that I drew on paper had big yellow text in it with no empty space for anything else. I think the main reason I didn't end up making it like that was because I didn't like it taking the whole space or the colour scheme of it. The banner I went for had a gorgeous brownish colour to it with A coraline like font that I had downloaded from the internet.

The buttons ending up being the same as I had originally designed other then the fact I changed the
bright blue colour to a similar brown to match the banner and I decided to go for a creepy font that I downloaded from the internet instead of the Arial font I designed with.

How did my initial research help in the design of my website?

The first main thing that I did was include a trailer in the centre of the homepage, from my research people said that the trailer was the most important thing they were looking for on a movie website because of this I made sure it was one of the first things the visitor saw when going to my website. When I did my initial research I also found out that a lot of people wanted to read a short bit about the story or who was in the film. So in my website I made sure there that there was a page which a brief bit written about the story including some screenshots from the film.




1 comment:

  1. Fab blog about design and thinking behind how this web site was created. Defiantly agreed with your decision to tweek the colours on the banned and to put the text above the trailer and not under it. Also love the creepy font. Really nice to see how a site develops from paper sketch finished project.

    Steven @ Cambridge Local Marketing

    ReplyDelete